Fall is here…and that means one thing: Your grass needs some attention! A beautiful lawn can be ruined by poor maintenance, so if you’re looking for a local business to help keep yours looking its best, we’ve got you covered. We’ll show you how to find the best lawn service in Fallston, MD.
So what’s going on with your lawn right now? Are there brown spots or patches of bare dirt? Is it dying from lack of water? Do you have weeds growing through cracks or holes in the turf? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it might be time to call a professional lawn service. Let our landscapers help turn your backyard into an oasis of green this season.
The first question to ask yourself when choosing a lawn company is whether they are licensed and insured. You should always check out their references ahead of time (usually online) and talk to former customers to see how satisfied they were with the work done. Next, contact them to schedule an appointment and get a quote. Here are some tips to help ensure that you find the best lawn service in Fallston, MD.
1. Ask About Their Experience. The biggest complaint homeowners often have with lawn service companies is shoddy workmanship. It’s important to choose someone who has experience dealing with different types of plants and landscapes. Also, pay attention to reviews. If you happen across a bad review before calling around, don’t waste your time with companies who aren’t reliable.
2. Find Someone With Knowledge Of Your Area. To avoid getting stuck with someone unfamiliar with the area, ask around among friends and neighbors to see which landscape professionals they recommend. Word travels fast when something goes wrong, and having a trusted friend give you his opinion could save you a lot of money later.
3. Get Estimates Over The Phone Instead Of In Person. When comparing prices, be sure to compare apples to apples. Some companies charge extra for driving over to your house and walking through your property while others provide estimates over the phone. Don’t settle for less than a written estimate, since those details may not be included in an oral presentation.
4. Compare Lawn Care Services Online Before Calling Around. Nowadays, most major lawn care providers offer free quotes online. While this isn’t always true, many smaller businesses won’t bother charging you until after they come out and perform the job. Make sure you do your research before calling around, though. There are plenty of shady operators out there who claim to specialize in landscaping but really only want to sell you expensive products at inflated prices.
5. Be Prepared For A Long Process. Landscapes tend to take longer to complete because each square foot requires special attention. This is especially true if you live in a large home or have lots of ground cover. Most people don’t realize this up front, however, and end up calling multiple companies without doing much research beforehand. Once you narrow down your choices, be prepared to wait several weeks or even months for appointments. Keep track of where you stand with each potential contractor and stay patient.
With a little bit of effort, you can easily find the best lawn service in Fallston, MD. Call around to several landscapers and use customer testimonials as a guide to decide which ones fit your budget and style. Remember, too, that a good lawn doesn’t cost more money than it’s worth. If you’d rather spend quality time outdoors, consider taking a DIY approach to your lawn instead of hiring a professional. Check out these easy ways to maintain a lush lawn for ideas.
Your neighborhood landscape company may also provide other services like tree trimming, snow shovelling, gardening, and irrigation systems installation. See if they offer packages that include extras such as fertilizing, watering, edging, and mowing. And remember that your landscaper can also advise you on how to decorate your garden with flowers, shrubs, trees, and fences.
BEST FALL LAWN SERVICE – Fallston MD
If you’re looking for the best lawn service in Fallston, MD, then you should definitely hire a local company. But which one? That’s why we put together this handy list of top picks below. Read on to learn more.
Best Lawn Service Company Name: D&G Landscape & Design Inc
Address: 1006 S. Washington St., Ste 4, Fallston, MD 21047
Estimated Hours: Weekdays 9am-5pm
Services Offered: Mowing, weed control, fertilizer application, mulching, seeding, aeration, and more
Awards Won: Best Fall Lawn Maintenance, 2011 Reader Choice Awards
Reviews: “I am very pleased with the service I received. They showed up on time, did excellent work, cleaned up afterwards, and charged me exactly what was quoted.” —Darlene E.
“They took my request seriously, came out quickly, and gave me an accurate price. Great!” —Tina B.
“Excellent service and great value. Highly recommended!” —Ricky R.
“It’s hard to believe how well they did on my 2 acre yard. My yard looks better than ever and they did it in just 3 days.” —Michael H.
2. lawn care fallston md 21047 | 5 tips to keeping your lawn healthy all autumn long!
Autumn brings new life to the garden, making it the perfect time to prepare your lawn for winter. Learn more about how to protect your lawn and enjoy the crisp air outside.
During the warm weather, weeds grow faster and stronger. By removing excess nutrients and moisture during hot summer months, you can prevent weeds from establishing roots and causing problems in the future. The key is to dig deep enough to remove existing weeds, yet leave soil exposed enough to let sunlight reach the root system.
A thick layer of natural material like wood chips, straw, hay, pine needles, etc. helps retain moisture and deter weeds, plus provides shade for shallow rooted plants. The type of mulcher you prefer depends on your personal preference and the condition of your lawn. Leave a thin edge of open space between plant beds, allowing light to filter through.
In late spring or early summer, apply a quick-release nitrogen-based granular fertilizer to encourage growth. Follow this with a slow-release organic blend to achieve maximum results.
Once temperatures drop, water deeply to replenish lost moisture. Water newly planted areas every day to encourage strong root development. Maintain an abundant supply of fresh water throughout the year by installing automatic sprinklers or drip lines.
Now that you know the basics, read on to discover how to get the most out of your Fall lawn.
– autumn leaves: everything you need to know about leaf removal services
Leaves provide food and shelter for insects, worms, slugs, snails, birds, small mammals, and microorganisms. Therefore, proper disposal is necessary to protect public health and the environment. Leaf collection, processing, and recycling require specific expertise and equipment, but with the right tools and knowledge, anyone can handle the task.
Removing fallen leaves from driveways and sidewalks may seem like a simple chore, but the amount of debris involved makes it difficult and dangerous. Leaves pose unique challenges due to their size, shape, color, and texture. Removing them manually can be extremely laborious and takes away from valuable time spent outdoors. As a result, leaf removal becomes increasingly complex and costly.
Here are some things to think about when selecting a leaf removal service:
Check licensing requirements, insurance coverage, workers compensation, and liability policies.
Ask to inspect any machinery used for collecting leaves.
Request copies of contracts and permits required by municipalities.
Get a written estimate including hours of operation, materials and supplies needed, and payment terms.
Examine completed jobs carefully and ask if you can visit a site to verify the quality of work.
Receive two weeks’ notice prior to scheduled arrival.
Know the location of your gutters, drains, sewer pipes, electrical wires, propane tanks, gas lines, and cable television cables.
Make sure the crew wears protective clothing and safety gear, such as goggles and gloves.
Have trash cans nearby so workers can dispose of collected leaves safely.
Consider using a leaf vacuum truck. These machines pick up large quantities of leaves in one pass, saving time and energy.
Remember that leaf blowing can cause airborne particles to blow onto homes, cars, and gardens. Use caution when performing the procedure.
Don’t disturb wildlife, pets, or bird nests.
Keep children and animals out of harm’s way.
Be aware that chemicals known as herbicides may be sprayed along roadsides to kill dandelions, clover, and other unwanted plants.
Avoid using mechanical methods like leaf blowers near gasoline sources.
Finally, once your leaves are removed and disposed of properly, you can focus on enjoying the rest of the season. Enjoy a clean slate